Di Canio on Sunday's Red Card
Speaking on his personal website at www.icons.com, Paolo di Canio has apologised to the West Ham fans for his red card on Saturday.
"It's been a bad afternoon for West Ham. The worst thing is that we lost 5-1 to Chelsea. That's far more important than the fact that I got a red card. We've lost too many games and conceded too many goals away from home this season and that's very worrying for us. There must be something wrong with our mentality on our travels.
"On my red card, I accept it in the sense that I cannot change what has happened in the past. But I am upset. I don't know if I'll appeal against it. We'll have to wait and see.
"I would like to apologise to the supporters about this result and assure them that we'll be working hard next week to put things right. Here's to us getting our revenge against Chelsea in the FA Cup.
"As far as the transfer situation goes, I can say that I remain a West Ham player but I know that my club and Manchester United have obviously had contact. If anyone thinks I'm not committed to West Ham, then they should look at the fact that I got a knock earlier in the game against Chelsea and when the manager said I should come off and rest it, I said: "No, I want to stay out here." If I was saving myself for a transfer or if my mind was elsewhere, I wouldn't have said that.
He goes on to say that he will explain all the transfer speculation imminently. But why not explain it now Paolo? Unless there is more to happen?