Reserves and Youth monthly round up for November 2005

In a very successful month both the Reserve and Youth teams recorded maximum points from their November fixtures.

The Reserves started the month at home to Norwich. Petr Mikolanda did the damage after 21 mins with a spectacular diving header. This was a tight match with the Hammers doing just enough to claim all three points.

Result: won 1 - 0

Next up came a home match to remember against Charlton. Tony Stokes captained the team for the first time having made the step up from the Youth team. Kevin Keen put out a strong team hoping for a good result, he was not disapointed.
West Ham completely dominated from start to finish, With Bobby Zamora opening the account after just 4 minutes. Charlton drew level ten minutes later, but that only spurred the Hammers attack on. Zamora added his second after 20 minutes and a David Bellion double made it 4. In the second half the dominance continued with David Cowley and Jeremie Aliadiere adding to the tally. The Hammers also missed a hatful of chances to embarass Charlton further. The result leaves the Hammers in third place in the leauge behind Charlton and leaders Arsenal.

Result: won 6 - 1

The Youth team started with a tightly fought game at home to Crystal Palace. In a tight game chances where few but James Tompkins headed home the winner ten minutes from time.

Result: won 1 - 0

Next up saw the visit of Chelsea. West Ham started the first half at a blisterimh pace and suberb strikes from Tony Stokes and Kyle Reid saw the Hammers two up inside the first quarter of an hour. Chelsea were awarded a dodgy penalty just before half - time but Kemal pulled off a great save to preserve the lead. The second half was a lot more tepid and Chelsea got a consolation goal after 70 mins. Play appeared to stop to allow a Chelsea player to recieve treatment, but the ref amazingly let Chelsea continue and score.

Result: won 2 - 1

With the reserves result still fresh in the mind, it was the youth teams turn to take on Charlton, this time away. The lads did not dissapoint and put on an impressive display. Tony Stokes put the lads ahead with a well taken 25 yarder after half an hour, and in the second half Zavon Hines doubled the lead after 58 mins with a deft flick. Victory should have been assured when West Ham were awarded a penalty ten minutes later, but Tony Sokes' shot was well saved by the keeper. Not to be denied Lee Hales got the third goal ten minutes before time.

This win has left West Ham in second place in the table, with the next matches aginst the bottom two clubs!

Result : won 3 - 0

The final game of the month was at home to Luton in the youth cup. James Tompkins and Jack Jeffrey scored either side of half time to give the Hammers a two goal cushion. To their credit Luon never gave up and got a consolation goal with ten minutes to go.

Result: won 2 - 1